A nice clear, dark, moonless (well until about 4-30am) night last night. Came as bit of a surprise since I hadn’t been keeping an eye on the weather recently since we’ve been packing.

Setup seemed to go well, which in my experience is a sure sign that something else will go wrong later on. Sure enough I couldn’t get my guiding working decently, so I ended up being limited to 3 minute exposures.

I really wanted to have one last go at the cone nebular but it was far to low in the sky by the time I got everything working so I settled for M101. Seems to have come out quite well.

200PDS + Hypercam + HEQ5. 300s x 14, 180s x 60, approx 4 hrs total exposure

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.