Better Mousetrap (pt. 3)

So on the 26th October there was a nice break in the otherwise dire cloud/rain/fog/plague of locusts and I tried out the next test astroberry rig on M31.

I ended up using my Canon eos 1300D instead of an Altair camera because I wanted to get the whole of Andromeda into one shot (my GPCAM3 would reduce the fov down to about half so I’d have to do a mosaic).

I failed to get guiding working so I used 45 second exposures but this seems to have worked out fine. Got just over an hour’s worth of light before tree cover started to cut short the evening.

All in all not to bad a night.

M31 – October 2021 – EQ3-2 + Canon 1300D – Unguided – 1.2hours in 45 second exposures ISO 6400

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.